The Career Opportunity Scholarship Fund is available to students who are current or former participants of St. Jude’s Ranch for Children programs:
- Therapeutic Residential Foster Care
- Pregnant Parenting Teen
- Transitional Living
- Child Focus
- New Crossings
- Family Support
Funds will typically be used to cover expenses for tuition, student housing, books, school supplies etc. and in some circumstances on-the-job training.
- Current or former St. Jude’s Ranch participant in one of the above programs
- High School Graduate, General Education Diploma (GED) or High School Equivalency (HiSET) completed
- Proof of enrollment in an educational institution must be provided i.e., vocational school, college, university
- Initial Applicant must have a 2.0 GPA
- Essay should be typed 750-1000 words. Your essay should discuss each of the four topics below:
- Bio about youth?
- What is your educational goal?
- How will the scholarship funds help you meet your educational goal?
- What is your career choice?
- Students must maintain above a 2.0 grade point average for each course taken and complete the course once approved for scholarship
- A grade below a 2.0 grade point average in a course taken or changing a course status to “incomplete” will disqualify the student from receiving the equivalent amount of funds for books and tuition for the next request.
- Copies of current and prior semester grades will be required with each request for funds made.
For more information, please contact:
Denise Charles Program Manager/ Scholarship Chair
2685 S. Rainbow Blvd Suite 112, Las Vegas, NV 89146 or 5005 McLeod Drive Las Vegas, NV 89120